The Netherlands, a leader in innovation
In the Netherlands, both the tax and political climate provides the right and attractive circumstances or innovation. Our entrepreneurs and especially SME’s are developing new products, processes, software and services. In the Netherlands we have access to several funding schemes on a national, European and global level that stimulate R&D, investments in sustainability, international business and social projects.
The Netherlands has countless funding programs. The most popular ones are listed below.
National projects and investments
- The fiscal WBSO-program offers a reduction in wage tax based on the number of hours you put in R&D.
- Funding: average € 29/hr
- Percentage: 32-40% (2021: 40-50%)
- The MIT-program stimulates feasibility studies, contracted research and R&D collaborations between at least two independent Dutch SME’s.
- Funding up to: € 350.000
- Percentage: 35-45%
- The Eurostars offers funding to consortia of at least 2 SME’s from different countries that innovate products, processes or software with a potential rapid market introduction.
- Funding: € 500.000 (for Dutch partners)
- Percentage: 35-45%
- The SLIM and MKBidee (SME Idea) stimulate learning and development initiatives of current and future workers in SMEs.
- Funding: € 25.000 – € 500.000
- Percentage: 60-100%
- The EIA and MIA are fiscal programs that offer an extra tax reduction based on investments in sustainability.
- Funding: up to 10% of the investment
- The ISDE and SDE support investments in renewable energy.
- Small and medium enterprises can make use of the EIC-instrument for scaling up their innovative business.
- Funding R&D-projects: € 2 mln
- Percentage: 60%
- The Fast Track to Innovation (FTI) program stimulates high risk – high gain disruptive innovation projects. These projects are executed by at least 3 different companies from different EU countries.
- Funding: € 3 mln
- Percentage: 70%
- Eurostars funding is for market oriented innovation that is being jointly developed by at least two SME’s from different European countries.
- Funding for Dutch partner(s): € 500.000
- Percentage NL: 35-45%
- The Horizon Europe funding program contains multiple calls for innovations in specific thematic area’s in which research and development is done in a consortium of at least three different partners from three different EU and partner countries.
- Funding between € 2 mln en € 15 mln
- Percentage: 60-80%
Global export projects
- DHI: funding for researching new market opportunities in different countries and for demonstrating your product in order to convince local clients to invest.
- Funding: € 200.000
- Percentage: 50%
Why use our subsidy advice?
If you want to make use of the provided funding, it is key to start with you application as soon as possible. With years of experience, we will find you the right partners and get you a successful application!
Feel free to contact us.